Interlibrary Loan Policy
Interlibrary loan is a service offered to Liberal Memorial Library patrons who need books and magazine articles the library does not own.
- Adult and children's books, fiction and non-fiction
- DVDs & Videos
- Books on Tape
- Periodical articles
- Census records and newspapers on microfilm
- Various Kits
- Reference or non-circulating materials
- Rare, unique, or valuable materials
- Complete issues of periodicals
- Books Liberal Memorial Library already has unless they are missing, lost, or months overdue
If the material cannot be found on the Kansas Main Catalog, Liberal Memorial Library will ask the Southwest Kansas Library System to assist with the search. If the material is available from a lending library in the U.S., Memorial Library will request the item and notify you when it arrives.
- Materials may be requested online by going to the library catalog (See Requesting ILL Materials for more information)
- For articles you must provide a complete periodical title, article author and title, volume and issue number, date and pages needed
- No more that 4 active requests may be in the system at any one time
- You must have a current Liberal Memorial Library card in good standing
There is no charge for interlibrary loan materials.
Most requests are filled within a week. The library will use the Kansas Library Express courier service for its ILL needs. The availability of materials from the lending library can cause delays.
You will be notified by phone or email when your materials arrive. The method of notification depends on the contact information set for your library account. You can also track your request online.
Materials are generally due two weeks from the date of contact. A due date will be stamped on your materials. Late fees are $1.00 a day per item. Renewal requests on interlibrary Loan materials must be made at least 3 days before the materials are due. Periodical articles are photocopied and may be kept by the borrower.
Please return all interlibrary Loan materials to the circulation desk or book drops at Liberal Memorial Library.