eReader Policy/ Borrowing Agreement
- Available for a 14-day loan; one renewal allowed if not already reserved.
- Borrowers must be at least 18 years of age and must be cardholders in good standing at Liberal Memorial Library for a minimum of three months.
- All borrowers must sign a borrowing agreement before the device will be released.
- eReaders must be returned in person directly to a staff member at the Circulation Desk.
DO NOT RETURN TO BOOK DROP! You will be responsible for any damage if you place a device in the book drop or any other unsecured location. If it is returned in a book drop, a $25 minimum fee will be charged to the user.
- Devices cannot be immediately checked out after return; we need to examine and recharge them. Devices will usually be available for checkout the next business day.
- Do not erase any files that are on device when you receive it. eReaders come pre-loaded with public domain classics and other titles.
- All devices will be checked after use. Please be careful when adding content to the device; other users may see your additions. You will not be able to download books from paid services. Instructions for finding and loading free eBooks are included at checkout.
Fines & Fees
If you fail to return the eReader and its accessories in good working order, you will be charged the full replacement cost plus a processing fee.
Kobo eReader: $110.00
|Nook Simple Touch: $110.00
USB Cable: $10.00
Power Adapter: $10.00
|Kindle Fire: $175.00
USB Cable: $10.00
Power Adapter: $20.00
- $1 per day after the due date
- If not returned within 21 days after the due date, the device will be presumed lost. All your library privileges will be suspended and you will be charged the full replacement cost plus a $10.00 non-refundable processing fee.